Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Penultimate Lonestar

Just a quick share of this mini-Lonestar Circle quilt I recently finished up on a retreat. You've seen a few of these here before. This particular one has been lying around in my sewing room in pieces since the Alaska Cruise almost 2 years ago. It was time to get this UFO pieced, quilted and bound!  A friend once indicated that she wanted to make one, but she's a busy gal and I know she's got plenty of her own ideas brewing, so I gifted her this one for her sewing room wall.

You can find the pattern in my book Make It, Take It. The original quilt was designed by Lynne Goldsworthy and I've shared cutting instructions to make this mini version here.

Lonestar Circle mini by Poppyprint
made with Cotton & Steel, Essex Linen and quilted with Aurifil 40 wt thread

It just so happened that the chicken coop on the retreat property was painted a perfect colour as a backdrop for this quilt.  Lucky me!

This is the penultimate because there is still one more full sized version awaiting quilting in my sewing room. It's a Christmas one, so I have time....

4 comments:

Caroline said...

It's beautiful!

♥Duff said...

...famous last words. Oh, but finishing a UFO, regardless of size, is so gratifying. Your friend is lucky, indeed!

rstogether said...

I still can't believe you've made SEVERAL! I love mine, but it was certainly a labour of 'love'. Lucky recipient, and love the chicken coop!

Dianne said...

Well it's about time you finished yours. ;0)
I'm with Rebecca. I can't believe you have made several! I love mine and the memories of our cruise. What a lovely gift to give.