Thursday, September 3, 2015

My Favourite Thread Deal

I'm happy to pass along the news to you lovely readers that my blog partner Sew Sisters has a fabulous special on this month!

Deal of the Month - September - Aurifil 50wt 1300mt 3 Pack

This is the only piecing thread I use, ever. I've been piecing with Aurifil 50wt (orange spools) for over 10 years and all of my quilts are wearing perfectly fine with no broken seams (side-pressing works, people). I've been growing my collection of 40 wt Aurifil (green spools) colours as well and am enjoying it immensely for quilting!  28 wt (grey spools) remains my top-stitching thread of choice for work on bags, pouches, sashiko by machine, and anywhere that I need a punch of colour.

The special is for a multi-pack of these three perfect peicing staples: white, dove and black. I'll be buying one right after I post! Get them while they're hot, right here.   I think I'll also check out Tula's extra wide Free Fall backing fabric in 6 different colours and have a peruse through Jeni Bakers Curiosities line that just arrived!

Free Fall - 108" Wide Backing Navy
108" wide Free Fall - navy


Curiosities - Fresh Encounters - Curious Bunnies Calm
Look, it's George!!

Happy Shopping!

4 comments:

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Ahem. And side pressing prevents elephant stampedes. Because not once has there been an elephant stampede in your house in the 10 years you've been side pressing. *sticks out tongue*

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Does the shop ship to the U.S.? And does that convert to about 1,200 yards per spool?

Lisa in Port Hope said...

When do you use the black for piecing? I've never made a quilt using black background, but I do like using navy.

MareMare said...

@Gale, if you're in U.S. Craftsy has 1422 yard spools for $7.80 right now. I picked some up last week.