Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Chat With Pat. Yes, that Pat.

My week got off to a brilliant start yesterday afternoon by way of a chat with Pat Sloan on her American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine radio show!  In our email conversations leading up to my interview, Pat said our conversation should feel like two friends chatting over a cup of tea. It totally did! Now I am even more excited to meet her in Minneapolis at Spring Market.



Pat was so kind and immediately after my welcome she congratulated me on my QuiltCon ribbon. We ended up talking about Blackbird Fly for a bit (I could talk about that quilt all day!). We also covered the inspiration behind Make It, Take It and some of the projects in the book and spoke about my retreat business and the improv classes I'm teaching this year.

The interview is 12 minutes long. I listened to it later and was pleasantly surprised at how coherent I sound, actually. I was nervous as I waited for her call, but Pat's friendly style put me at ease right away once we got started.  If you want to have a listen, you'll find it at the top of the podcast listing on the right side of this page. Just click on the little arrow pointing to the right (that you see under my name) and it will start to play immediately (pardon the detailed instructions, but when your mom texts you and asks "What's a podcast?" I think it's safe to assume there may be a few others reading this who would appreciate the details).  If you don't hear anything, check to make sure your speaker is on.

Thanks again Pat! See you in May....

5 comments:

Leanne said...

I just listened and you sound just like you, it was so nice to hear you chatting about the book and your quilts!

Elsa said...

I'll have to figure out the podcast thing later ~ I will listen tho. Your Mom must be so proud!
I didn't know you have a retreat business! Maybe I can make it some time ~ I've been wanting to come to Canada for a while now ~ best reason to come ever!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice interview. I've never listened to a podcast before. Now I'm even more interested in your new book.

Anonymous said...

Oh Fun. I'll go have a listen.

I don't know yet if I'll make it to your class, but maybe a drink or some tea?

Dianne said...

Great interview Krista! You're a natural :0)
Have been spending lots of time with your book since Saturday - the ruler/cutting mat tote is first on my list!