Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pillow Pretties!

Back in February I taught a 'dresden plate by machine' class for my traditional guild showing how to make a lovely pillow cover using my Dresden Pillow Pattern.  My friend Colleen, (also a fellow member of the VMQG) recently posted these gorgeous pictures of the two pillows she made!

Dresden Plate pillows

She used a beautiful charm pack of Kaffe Fassett prints purchased from Matt, yet another member of the VMQG at his shop The Quilted Bear.  This close up shows a fun variegated thread buttonhole stitch Colleen used to highlight the dresden centre.

Pillow close up

I love her beautiful hand quilting around the dresden plate. Thanks for sharing Colleen!

If you're looking to get a start on some holiday gift sewing, check out my pattern right here. It's a great one for using a Christmas-themed charm packs or collections (like this, or this ) to make some decorative holiday decor.

9 comments:

Heather D. said...

Pretty indeed! Wow, she did such a beautiful job on these.

Katy Cameron said...

I love that you have a local shop called the Quilted Bear :oD

PinkGranny said...

Beautiful job and great colors. I think the Christmas patterns from the link are lovely too.

Good work! One of these days I am going to try my hand at the Dresden Plate!

Dianne said...

Colleen did a lovely job with the Kaffe prints and I agree her hand quilting is the perfect touch!

felicity said...

Gorgeous!

Leanne said...

These are beautiful pillows!

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely pillows and a great reminder that your pattern and a sewn Dresden are somewhere in my stash!

Marvin@Brother 4750D said...

Very clever for Colleen to highlight the dresden centre. Thumbs up! Click this www.ebrothersewingmachine.com/brother-duetta-2-innovis-4750d/ for the full reviews of Brother 4750D.

paulette said...

Love these pillows!! Will have to remember the big stitching for the next Dresden that I do! LOVE IT!!
P