I'm partial, of course. Here is the pretty little pouch I've made for my secret partner.
Using a slightly modified version of Ayumi's flex frame pouch tutorial (my frame is only 4" long, her tute calls for 5"), I barely wrangled this little number under my needle. It was definitely a challenge to sew the final seam (joining outer bag, lining and frame channels) using a nice, neat 1/4" seam. There may have been some unsewing. Good thing I'm a specialist in that department.
I added a few sweet embroidered lazy daisies because my partner likes embroidery (yippee, me too!). The outer pouch is made of Moda crossweave (which I backed with a fusible interfacing because it's rather drapey) and Michael Miller Mirror Ball in pink. There are some pink & green (Alexander Henry?) toadstools lining the inside. The pouch measures 4" x 5". Definitely little.
It's all poufed out because there are some pretty little secrets inside.....just for my partner. I reinforced the bottom seam where the gathers meet (by sewing over it 3 times) as there are several layers of fabric and interfacing there and I was nervous the stitches wouldn't hold.
This is the first time I've used one and I will definitely make more pouches with them, but I think that a 5" long frame will be easier to handle. Also, I had to be really careful sliding the frame arms through the channels because there are some sharp edges that were catching on the embroidery threads (note to self: next time, fuse a layer of interfacing on the back after embroidering to protect the back of the stitches). I bought my frames at a Japanese dollar store in Richmond, B.C. called Daiso at the fantastic price of 2 for $2!