Sunday, March 27, 2016

Slopestyle Ski Photo Essay

Happy Easter!

Red Mountain 2016

We came across this sweet little rabbit on our recent ski trip to Red Mountain in Rossland, B.C. After enjoying some lovely powder turns we made our way down the mountain through the trees and there it was, frozen like a statue as we marvelled at her camouflage.

We haven't had a photo essay for a while, so I thought I'd share some more photos taken with my new iphone 6 (which is WAY too big and I'm so bummed that Apple issued a smaller phone with the same photo capabilities just a week after I got this one - the story of my tech life!).

Red Mountain 2016
No lift lines make for a sweet ski vacation!

Red Mountain 2016
This one is actually taken by B of our group after a little hike up for a back country run through lovely, untracked powder fields. I'm in the red jacket third from the right.

Red Mountain 2016
B dropping in for some sweet turns.

Red Mountain 2016
Dreamy...just dreamy. 

>Red Mountain 2016
It was a pleasure to bring D's friend along for the week - they had a ball!

Red Mountain 2016
With three mountain, Red has so much terrain it was like we had the entire resort to ourselves!

Red Mountain 2016
An excellent reminder with all of the glade skiing there is on Red!

Red Mountain 2016
Slopeside facilities

Red Mountain 2016
Classic ski town fencing!

Red Mountain 2016
You gotta love a ski lodge with serve-yourself mini marshmallows!

Red Mountain 2016
Our happy little ski family, (minus one son busy building robots at university).

9 comments:

Debbie said...

So awesome! I'm often in that area for work but I haven't been skiing yet. I don't know if I still know how! B looks like he's still got it. :)

SarahZ said...

Beautiful photos! The idea of having a place like that "to yourself"...how exhilarating!

Lise-Lotte said...

Really spectacular!

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Oh that looks so dreamy! I'm not a skier but I certainly appreciate the ski lifestyle (après ski, peut-être?) Meanwhile, we are still swimming in an ocean that is +25 degrees in Autumn, feeling very blessed.

Elsa said...

Fab photos, love the last, you all look so happy!

Dianne said...

Despite it's oversized status your phone takes excellent photos! Although I suspect it has more to do with the operator than the actual phone camera ;0)
I love your photo essays. This one almost makes me want to ski! haha.

Judy said...

Wow, that looks like a whole lot of fun!! Thanks for sharing the photos with us. The snow looks soft and powdery, just right for a great day of skiing :-)

http://learningtosow.blogspot.com/ said...

A blast for sure!

Unknown said...

Looks so fantastic Krista - I'm glad you had that beautiful holiday in the most beautiful country in the world!