Saturday, February 6, 2016

My "Monthly Sparks" bundle!

I will freely admit my excitement when Daryl invited me to select a bundle of 12 fat quarters for her February subscribers in the Monthly Sparks program. Each month, lucky customers (it's a sold out program, but there's a wait list) receive a sweet surprise in the mail; a beautifully curated bundle from quilt bloggers who love fabric just as much as they do!

Fabric Spark February bundle

I spent a very enjoyable afternoon perusing virtual shelves of Fabric Spark, cutting and pasting thumbnail photos into a Word document so that I could see all of the fabrics side by side.  This shop website has a very easy and unique catalogue system for fabrics that makes it so easy to find colours, themes, designers, collections or manufacturers you are looking for. It wasn't really my plan to create a completely coordinating bundle; instead I was trying to find special prints that would round out the corners of a stash, but still work in a project together.  I think it is super fun to receive fabric this way...unexpected prints that you might not otherwise choose and that don't all come from one designer's fabric line.  I even went out on a limb (for me) and included a bit of gold metallics!  This bundle was waiting for me when I arrived home from a 10 day trip last night and I just love it all - I don't have any of these prints in my stash already, so it was exciting to see them all in person for the first time.

Fabric Spark February bundle

There's a pillow or mini quilt project that I have in mind for these. I hope to be able to carve out some time this week to make a start before the arrival of a Super Quilting VIP from Down Under (more on that excitement later!).

Fabric Spark February bundle

As I mentioned above, this subscription club is sold out, however Daryl told me on the QT that there might just be an extra bundle or two listed in the coming days. There are still spots in Fabricspark's Rainbow bundle or Free Spirit Fabric monthly subscriptions that you may want to check out. Honestly, the fabric selection in this shop is second to none.

An example of the Free Spirit bundle

I was so lucky on a recent visit to Toronto to spend a very enjoyable morning with Daryl and other quilters at Berene's Quilting for Refugees event, which happily coincided with my last-minute trip. I love talking fabric with Daryl - you can read all about her love of it in her fantastic newsletter called Fabric News for Fabric Lovers (and she may have said some very kind things about me in the last on *blush*). Sign up at the bottom of the shop homepage so that you don't miss any of her stunning new arrivals of quilting cotton, apparel and home-dec weight prints and many hard-to-find imports. 

U.S. quilters - remember that you instantly save close to 30% on everything that you buy from Canadian retailers due to an extraordinarily generous exchange rate!   

2 comments:

Leanne said...

It's a beautiful bundle!

SarahZ said...

What fun to have that waiting for you! It is a beautiful bundle for sure!It will be fun to see how you use it!!! :)