Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Horoscope Pillow

Here's a project that's been under wraps for months that I can now share with you!  You'll find this fun pillow cover (or mini quilt pattern - attention all Schnitzel & Boo IG swappers!) in issue 5 of Quilt Now, Katy's gorgeous mag out of the UK.  This issue is all about scraps, and I've used some gems in this project!

Horoscope Pillow

Bricks of low volume with jewel-toned corners? Yes please!

Horoscope Pillow

Horoscope Pillow

I love the oblong 6-pointed star that results when the bricks are offset like this. I called it the Horoscope pillow because of these stars. It is a pretty easy pattern to put together and BONUS - if you double seam your  little corner squares and save your "two-fers" you can use them for a teeny tiny piecing project, like this!

There are 22 scrap projects in this issue of Quilt Now and an article on scrap organization by fellow quilting Canadian Cheryl Arkison. Order your print or electronic copy today (only 90 print copies remaining!).  

I hope that you'll share your version of Horoscope with me when you make it!

Horoscope Pillow
The pillow cover is bound just like a quilt and there's a hidden zip in the back!

16 comments:

Carla said...

Fabulous use of scraps. I love it

Leanne said...

It's lovely, and how fun to be an international magazine celebrity!

What Comes Next? said...

that's a great design - aren't you just so clever??? Love it!

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Awesome, I'll keep an eye out for it in my digital subscription!

Debbie said...

Love the unique shape to your star - nice!

myBearpaw said...

Beautiful pillow and very clever design Krista, I was so happy to see you in the mag!!

Elsa said...

I love stars ~ lovely design! Must be wonderful to be published!

felicity said...

Beautiful and unusual. My kind of design.

Frederique said...

Beautiful choice of fabrics! I love your quilt!

I'm running a fabric giveaway, would you like to enter?

Dianne said...

Great design Krista and I love the fabric choices!

OPQuilt said...

This is terrific-looking and will be a great pillow in any room with all those fabulous scraps. Now we know what you've been keeping under wraps for a while!

Elizabeth

phigginb said...

Kristin. Absolutely love your blog. I am trying to find the name / makes of the fabric that you often use in your projects that linen , it had the word flax in it. Thanks.

Carol Browne said...

This is beautiful and so intricate. I love it. It must have taken AGES! Even for a little one.

Katy Cameron said...

It looked great in the mag, congrats :o)

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

this looks great and a good idea to make the bricks corners. I'm a sucker for a star pattern

Anonymous said...

Oh my, and you hesitate to call yourself an artist? So great. I NEED to make this. Wonderful.

Hillary