Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Friendly Process

Like many of the amazing friends I've met online over the past two years, Amy is someone I turn to for advice and email conversation often. And, like a few others, we've become such good buddies that it seems I've known her for ages and can't quite remember exactly how we met. It may have been through her first Potholder Pass swap on Flickr (which I just missed out on), or the 2nd and 3rd potholder passes that I did participate in!

IMG_5083

Many of you will recognize this "Process Mini" because Amy already posted (far better) photos of it on her blog a few weeks ago. It features her sweet "quilting process" silk screen print, some extremely accurate piecing and very thoughtful fabric choices. How about this seed packet print? Perfect!

IMG_5084

Included in my little private swap package were three other specialty prints done by Amy - her freezer paper stenciled flower fabric 'sticker' (already backed with WonderUnder for easy applique!), some pieces of her latest vintage kitchen silk screen and a generous hunk of pretty laminate.

IMG_5082

Her talent knows no bounds, nor does her productivity. She's a busy Mom of three small children. I don't know how she gets all this stuff accomplished During Quiet Time!! Check out her latest hexie case pattern and various prints for sale in her Etsy shop.

Amy has requested a thread catcher in return and I think I have just the right fabrics picked out. I'm already feeling like I got the long end of the straw on this swap!! Thank you so much Amy. You're such an awesome Friend.

12 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Amy makes incredible beautiful stuff and she’s an amazing talent! Love the mini quilt and the DQT fabric designs, great package!!

Dianne said...

Very nice package to receive! I ordered some fabric from Amy's etsy shop and can hardly wait for it to arrive, the package will include one of those darling flowers! I also bought her hexie case pattern and it is really well done. I love her clear instructions and photos. That is one sweet quilt! You will soon need a gallery to display all of the lovely litle quilts you have received!

Amy Friend said...

Krista, you know, I don't remember when we met either! Maybe it was the PP...in which case, it's a wonder that we are still friends since your partner is still MIA! I am glad that your package arrived safely and that you like it. Just so you know, the flower applique is a silkscreen too, not a stencil. Opps, my "quiet time" is up. Penny is calling.

Katie B said...

Hang on a sec--how mini is that mini, because those pieced triangles must be crazy tiny! What a thoughtful swap package. Lucky you!

Kelly said...

I'm so jealous!!!! I've loved her process print for so long!!!

Canadian Kristin said...

I love watching what you swap, Krista! Always makes me smile and brings some 'awe and amazed' into my day! :-)

Tracey Jacobsen said...

it is cute. :) it's a great print and the maple leaf is so appropriate. :)

Unknown said...

I have been lucky enough to beFriend Amy as well and also receive some of her beautiful work through a swap. She is amazing and definitely one of the most talented and productive people I've met on the net yet. The process design is one of her many brilliant pieces, you lucky lucky woman!!!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I love Amy as well--becoming good email friends, and her creativity never ceases to amaze me. I think you are equally amazing and I hope we continue to get to know each better too.

Tiffany said...

That's some super swapping going on! I've been a lucky swap partner of both of these remarkably talented ladies. I can tell you first hand that Amy's screen prints are highly detailed and beautifully made with rich color. And I'm the proud owner of a Krista original sassy thread catcher too. I use it every time I sew and I still get comments on that fun skull and scissors fabric - you know the one!!
I love your custom made mini Krista - it's so you! Enjoy.

felicity said...

Awwww. This is so awesome! Yay for great - nay, FANTASTIC - swaps between friends. :)

Helen said...

Love the mini quilt, love the text. Thanks for sharing this post with us. Will check-out Amy's blog now.