Friday, May 27, 2011

Treatin' me right

I really enjoy good customer service. I think most of us do. When I order fabric online, I expect it to arrive nicely folded and safely packaged. Anything more than that is gravy, really. So I was rather tickled when my recent order from Marmalade Fabrics arrived with a hand-written note of appreciation, all tied up with a pretty marmalade bow!

Outside Oslo

Wanna see what was inside that carefully folded and taped tissue paper?

Outside Oslo

Mmmmmm. Outside Oslo home-dec weight by the talented Jessica Jones. I've been waiting for the right slightly heavier-than-quilting-weight fabric to come along for my 2-4-1 Tote pattern by Anna (Noodlehead). I prefer to make all of my bags with home-dec fabric on the outside. I find it is more fade-resistant than quilting weight cotton and the extra body looks nice on a bag, as well as holding the shape.

When Cindy posted about this gorgeous fabric a couple of weeks ago, I clicked through to the Marmalade Fabric link without passing go (well, I may have left a comment on Cindy's post that said something like "I'm heading right there to buy my own NOW!). See? That's blog sponsorship working for ya, Marmalade!

If anyone has a few spare hours hanging about this weekend, send them my way, will you? I really want to make up this bag!!

14 comments:

Amy Friend said...

Changing browers here just to comment...those are lovely fabrics! I think that they will make a great bag. I want to make a new bag but I can't decide on fabric or pattern!

Pétra said...

I have a chair I would love to cover with that fabric. Now if I can find the time that's the question.

Amy said...

I bought the same fabrics to make the 241 Noodlehead tote bag last week! I hope to put it together this weekend.

dutchcomfort said...

Wow, nice bag. I had to order the pattern! Now I’m back to comment and tell you I love those Outside Oslo fabrics and I highly appreciate those personal notes when purchasing fabrics from online stores. Unfortunitely shipping costs to Europe and custom services are a hurdle to buy all that gorgeous stuff!

Barb said...

Lovely fabric, Krista! Can't wait to see your new bag.

**nicke... said...

super cute fabric! i can't wait to see what your bags looks like!

Andrea C said...

LOVE the fabric!! Pretty cute bag but the fabric will make it awesome.

Live a Colorful Life said...

I'm going to check out the noodlehead bag. I really think YOU should come MY way and help me out with the "infamous" Amy Butler Weekender bag. Infamous? Really? That is just upping my level of anxiety about making it...

paulette said...

Gorgeous fabric...perfect for a bag!! Take care!
P

Unknown said...

Jessica Jones is a genius fabric designer. I love her stuff. This fabric will make a great bag.

No way, I ain't giving you my time. I'm hoarding it all for myself. Still, good luck with the bag-making!

felicity said...

FABULOUS fabrics. Loving the Kiely-inspired leaf print especially.

PinkGranny said...

I love good service too. I ordered jewelry for my daughter for Christmas and it arrived with a hand written note too and it was very touching to get that in the bustle of the season. And....fast shipping.

Your fabric is great. I like home dec fabric for bags too. It just looks crisper and sturdy enough for the finished bag.

Unknown said...

Oh what yummy yummy fabric

Tammy Vasser said...

Thank you so much for the shout-out! I've had my nose in packing tape for a while now and I'm just now getting caught up on my blog reading. I didn't realize you were Poppyprint when I sent off your fabric! It's embarassing to comment now but I really want to say thanks!