Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A bit more about retreat....

In yesterday's post I showed you some of the amazing fungi that was growing in the woods around the lodge. We found them while hiking on a fairly rugged trail that skirts the lake.

IMG_7850

When you've gone almost full-circle, there's a fun way to return to the lodge. It's the upper body workout portion of the hike.

IMG_7867

To cross the final arm of the lake, you've gotta haul your own dock over!

IMG_7868


For those of you that have never been on retreat, I thought some photos of what the work room looks like might help you get a sense of the moderately ordered chaos that goes on. While everyone was in the dining hall for lunch one day, I snapped this photo for you.

Retreat madness

I hope everyone gets a chance to experience a quilting retreat one day. When you do go, remember to pack it all sister (leave the kitchen sink at home for your family, though). This lodge was miles from any quilt shop, so we all had to bring supplies required for our projects and maybe just a little bit extra....

retreat packing



5 comments:

Krista said...

Oh, I love that dock!!! What an awesome, awesome place to hold your retreat.

carol said...

How fun! (Including the work room.)

Christine M said...

How many people travelled in your car? That car was mighty full!

quiltmom anna said...

I have seen cars like yours headed for retreat... You are too funny Krista.. It looks like it was a good time had by all-
Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures of the ambiance of the retreat-
Regards,
Anna

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Just as messy as I like it, it reminds me of my sewing room.-)