Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mug Rug Made It!

Wouldn't you know it? I just sent a note to my swap mama yesterday asking if my mug rug had been posted, because I've been waiting patiently, and it just hadn't come yet, and all the ones I love are being received by other people, and I was just feeling a little left out. Waaaaaah!

Then boom. Today it arrived! And it was totally worth the wait! My mama reassured me that I had an excellent swap partner and there was absolutely NO WAY she'd flake. Now I understand...my partner is non other than the amazing flickr swap queen chickenfoot (otherwise known as Susan to her real life friends...I think).

mug rug made for me by chickenfoot

Isn't it great? I have not yet been initiated into all things red/aqua/Little Red and couldn't be happier to have this sweet little mug rug to keep my afternoon teacup cozy.

This swap was so great. The creativity and originality that resulted from it on flickr is just astounding. I ended up making 3 of them. It's so fun - give it a try! Christmas is just around the corner and mug rugs make great gifts....especially when a groovy matching mug is included.

Don't forget, exciting stuff coming in about 13 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

paulette said...

Love your new Mug Rug...now I'm off to check out the rest of the rugs...thanks for sharing!
Paulette

Rachel said...

How cute! Definitely worth waiting for!

I made one of these little treasures last weekend. I was just experimenting, but was it ever fun to put together! (Plus, I actually finished something. It counts as a finish, right?)

Tiffany said...

Adorable mug rug!

Amy Friend said...

Oh, it was worth the wait Krista! What a cute mug rug!

Unknown said...

such a pretty mug rug! i'm starting to think you like red...

West Side of Straight said...

This is cute. What a quick easy gift to make. Somewhat like what I'm doing with hot pads. Been making them for gifts too. Have a great day. I'm waiting for next blog. We must be on different time zones. lol Have a great day, jo in MN

Dianne said...

SWEET!!! How could one ever have a bad day when it starts with a latte on such a darling mug rug?!

photo mugs said...

such a pretty mug rug.