Saturday, April 17, 2010

The morning after….

Friday night sew-in, that is.  I spent part of the evening making myself a little doll quilt.  I’m going to try and quilt it with embroidery….not just the running stitch that you see here, but some back stitch vines, lazy daisy flowers, french knots and whatever else comes to mind as I go along.  I’m embroidering through the top, batting and backing.  I’ll let you know how it goes!

selvage coin quilt 004

Time was also spent organizing for today.  In a few minutes, I’m off to a guild sewing day.  We all work on our UFO’s (many people will be finishing off their show quilts, getting them all ready for our June 11/12 show).  I’m going to do a demo this afternoon on proper measuring for, and attaching, borders and bindings so quilts will lie flat (in other words, how to avoid ripple-y binding syndrome).  We’ll also talk about how to make and attach a 4” hanging sleeve to the back of show quilts.

I hope you have great plans for your Saturday!

8 comments:

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Love the little sneak peek! Have fun quilting it and make sure you wear a good thimble.-)
Hope you've had a fun and productive sewing day with your guild!
My Saturday have been spent partly with grandson, grocery shopping, thrifty fabric shopping and watching TV with my feet up with husband. Tomorrow will hopefully be more productive.-)

paulette said...

That quilt is lovely!! And the linen...love it!! Wait till you see the two half yd pieces of Japanese prints that I picked up in Santa Fe...Love them!! Can't wait to see your embroidery!! Happy Stitching!!
Paulette

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks lovely! I love the idea of big colourful stitching and patchwork together...a match made in heaven!

Amy Friend said...

It looks very pretty. I am sure it will be fantastic. I had thought of doing something with embroidery like that for the April mini but it didn't happen. I can't wait to see!

carol said...

I can hardly wait to see what you are going to do with this little beauty!

RID said...

Loved your blog! It's great!!!!! Kisses from Barcelona.

Jamie said...

Ha! I think I need to take your rippley binding class! Your quilt is really cute!

Micki said...

Looks like a fun project and have a happy sewing day!
Micki