Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wake Up Call

Cock-a-doodle-doo! My DQS8 quilt is complete. I really enjoyed making this quilt and can't wait to mail it off to my partner at the end of February. Roosters are not really in my design repetoire, but I think it all worked out very well. I especially love the binding fabric...I wasn't sure what I would ever use it for, but lo and behold, seems it was made for 'Wake Up Call'!

Wake Up Call for DQS8

So, now that the doll quilt is finished, time for another swap! Amy left me a comment earlier today alerting me to a second Potholder Pass swap (I just missed the last one - story of my life!). This is a great swap for busy quilters who enjoy the fun of exchanging, but don't have time to commit to a large design project...all that is required are two coordinating potholders. That's easy!

It's great to stretch a bit, use different colours than you're used to and experiment with a new block or construction technique. Come and join the fun...you don't even have to be a blogger to sign up - just click on the apple potholder in my sidebar and you'll end up on Amy's sweet blog that has all of the info.


7 comments:

Rachel said...

Oooh Krista! It turned out great. I ♥ it!

Quiltpiecer said...

It's beautiful! I really love the bright colors! You'll really enjoy the potholder swap; and they're not due until 4/1 so there's plenty of time!

Unknown said...

This is such a cute quilt! Great design, color and quilting!

Pam said...

It really turned out fabulous Krista. I am sure who ever gets it will love it!!

What Comes Next? said...

I love it!

Ariane said...

Wow!!! I love it!!! Wish it was coming my way!!!

Susie said...

Krista ~ that is Wonderful!! Love love love the happy rooster!