Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Summer Sampler 2019 Launch and discount code!


The Summer Sampler is back for the 5th year! This year's theme is Piecing Bootcamp; participants will work through 21 blocks designed to introduce a multitude of skills and techniques for your quilting toolbox. Brought to you by Faith, Katie and Lee and their team of fun designers (including your's truly), this year's sampler also includes two fun setting options. Sewtopia is offering a complete Moda Bella fabric kit available for pre-order here! Canadians, look for your fabric kit available for pre-order from my friends at Mad About Patchwork here.

I've designed a structural improv block featuring my fast and fun Improv Under the Influence piecing technique. The block is a smaller version of the center block from my Ice Road quilt. I'm often asked for a pattern for that quilt, but it was something special I made just for myself and I didn't really want it to become a pattern. I'd much rather introduce or teach the piecing technique and have folks use it to create their own groovy quilt designs! Perhaps this block will get you started?

This is my sample block using RJR solids I had in my stash, but read on to see the official colourway for the sewalong kits in the layouts below!

The sewalong starts May 20th and will run all summer with block patterns releasing to subscribers every Monday. Here's a full block preview to give you an idea of the kit colours, layout options and all of the gorgeous blocks! This promises to be a fantastic skill builder resulting in a stunning modern sampler. I love Lee's mock up with my block done in four colours!



Subscriptions are only $29.99 US, however if you use the code POPPYPRINT at checkout, you'll save $5 for a limited time during pre-order (offer valid today until May 19th only).

Are you in?? Buy your subscription here, use your code POPPYPRINT and maybe next time we meet you can buy me a latte with your $5 savings ; )  Just kidding, treat yourself to a lovely FQ!!



3 comments:

Debbie said...

Fun you are a part of this this year! I really had fun with it last summer. Are you going to sew along? Looking forward to doing your block - still one of my favorite techniques!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I'm tempted to play along this year. And how awesome that we can get the kits from MAP.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful palette you have chosen for these blocks. Very interesting.